Thursday, September 17, 2026

Road Trippin' Begins

Turkey Sandwich with Babybel
Who knew that we'd get the craziest week of gas prices to do a crazy long road trip?! I will document what we see.

I woke for a brief moment when Kev's alarm went off at 5. I then went right back to sleep until 7. I got out of bed at 7:10 and got the day going. There was much to do and it would be a long one. I dressed and went out to water while Kev mopped the floors inside. I then sipped some cuppa with Kev on the front porch, doing the day's puzzles. I then got into serious cleaning mode and attacked the bathrooms, the vacuuming, washing sheets, dusting, and cutting zinnias, putting them into a vase on the kitchen island for the pet sitter. It was 11AM when I made a turkey sandwich, slicing up Babybel for the cheese. I continued cleaning and then did my packing, squeezing in a little work while sheets were drying. I put out clean towels, gathered the trash and cleaned the litter room and it was 5PM when we hit the road. We were hoping to leave a little earlier but of course an emergency call popped up at 4 for Kev.

Road Trippin' Staple
We had a six hour drive ahead of us to get on the other side of Memphis, to be exact, thirty miles into Arkansas, putting us in a better position for Friday's really long drive day to Albuquerque.  I did not remember that you go through Memphis, across the Mississippi River and BAM, you're in Arkansas. And it really wasn't a bad drive. You skirt around Nashville so not sitting in traffic. it was 7PM central time when I pulled into a Love's to pee, to top off the gas tank ($36 for half a tank, I believe it was $3.99/gal), and to switch drivers. I was glad to get into that passenger seat so I could eat some dinner. None other than chicken salad from Southern Star, and our new favorite, Dot's pretzel sticks. We arrived at our Hampton Inn around 10:20. I took a quick shower, got in my sleep shirt and was ready to call it quits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment