Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Smaller Actually Worked

Wednesday Morning
Sleep was good although when I would roll over in bed I'd smell myself...the weird after tan smell. 😂 I woke around 7:20 and went for my first evacuation. I then dressed, made the bed, fed the cats and then decided on Cheerios with half a banana for breakfast. I can't tell you how many years it's been since I've had Cheerios. It might have been back in the Houston days, so maybe 20 some odd years now! and it reminded me of how much I enjoyed them. I mean that bowl was so good. I ate out of one of the small Asian bowls that Ma got us and I always feel a little fancier when eating out of the pretty patterned pieces. After food I went out to fill the bird feeders and clip whatever was ready in the garden. I did puzzles and went up for island time and some work. A couple more evacuations occurred in the morning. At 12:30 Kev heated the little bit of leftover chicken soup from yesterday, which was perfect. More soups may come into play. After lunch I tried on the new, smaller, dress that came in from Amazon. It's the same fringy one, just a smaller size, and it fits, and looks so much better. 

Trying a Protein Drink and Leftovers
The afternoon buzzed by and some anxiety began to creep in as emails began flooding in. The shit storm of work is starting and I am bracing. At 2PM I had a chiro appointment, to review my X-rays. It has been two years since I've had them done and boy you could see the change. Hips were more in line but spine was out of whack. I suspect my pillow and a foam thing I sit on all day as culprit. Dr isn't concerned as she will get me back in line. Bodies are so strange and interesting. I left with two bags of fresh-picked jalapenos. After chiro I ran over to my facial girl who quickly zapped a couple starter zits with this strange prickly feeling electric wand thing. I was supposed to have a facial but the tanning girl told me I shouldn't while the tan is setting. So I rescheduled. But I left there with 6 fresh duck eggs from another client of hers that has a farm. What a day of bounty! She also gave me a protein drink to try so I had it around 3PM and will be buying some. I worked until 5:45 or 6 and we heated leftover flap and squash /quinoa mix for dinner. We then left to go pick up Kev's tux, which had the wrong pants. He will pick up new ones Sat day. I put on PJs as soon as we got home, and worked on the couch until bed by 11:30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment