Thursday, August 13, 2026

Hungrier Day

Eggs and Toast
I woke at 5:45 with an evacuation. I got back into bed and stayed awake, poking around on my phone. I got out of bed at 7:30, had another evacuation and got dressed. I was hungry this morning so made scrambled eggs with a slice of jalapeno cheddar toast for me and Kev, once he got in from yoga. (Side note...yesterday, my chiropractor told me that I might feel tired, or more hungry today, after a HUGE adjustment that she did on the bowl-shaped bone that basically holds up my head. And I was both tired and hungry today) After food I got the morning chores done, and got puzzles done out on the front porch. I had yet another evacuation and then headed down the mountain for a 10AM appointment at Labcorp to get follow-up blood drawn. My doc mainly wanted to check my liver after taking the antifungal med, which I didn't finish because it made the evacuations doubly worse. Also, the watermelon didn't help either. 😂 I got home just after 11 AM and started work with island time. 

Turkey Sammich and Ho-Made Pickles
I had an 11:30 meeting that went to noon. I then had a noon meeting that went to 1PM. I was ready for a turkey sandwich on my little Dave's bread, this time I'm trying the sprouted slices.  I added on a little mayo and a slice of Swiss, and it was really good with my ho-made quick pickles. I ate at my desk. I had ALL kinds of technical troubles today and it was the real first time I was ready to retire. I was not into all the stupid Microsoft Sharepoint access BS. It wasted at least three hours of my afternoon that I won't bill for but it was all trying to access client files.

Tots and Tex Mex Meat
I had a last video meeting at 4PM, to discuss more new work. In all, for one client, about 20 projects have gotten into queue. Monday I need to kick off more with another client. We will see what happens or when/if I break on this push. I went downstairs around 5:30PM and got tots in the oven. It's funny that I haven't been craving most things but wanted tots tonight. Kev heated the remaining leftover flaps to go with and we ate while watching the latest Ted Lasso. I had a little bit of dark chocolate after dinner and then we rounded up the trash and walked it down the lane to the main road. I got in my PJs and worked on the couch until bed around 9:30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment