Tuesday, August 11, 2026

First Ever Tan at Home

Tuesday Morning
I got into bed last night and was winding down when, at precisely 10:12PM, it hit. I ran to the bathroom and proceed with a major evacuation. I then read that eating a lot of watermelon does not help this matter. And we had quite a large amount of it after dinner. I had another in the wee hours and then again when I got up just after 7. The good news is that it's likely NOT Alpha Gal. It is now pointing to the med. This really began when I increased my dose to 5mg from 2.5mg. It's crazy what havoc that small amount more is causing. Next Monday I will go back to a 2.5mg dose to see what happens. This amount of evacuation activity is not sustainable. I got dressed and decided to go do an early walk. I grabbed a pack of fig bars and nibbled, and listened to my book, on my 3 mile trek at the Farm and Gardens up the road. I got home and rinsed off, no soap, because at 10AM, the spray tan lady arrived with her fancy pop-up tent and airbrush, and magically gave me some color, filling in a good bit of my terrible farmer tan. With the gala coming this weekend I thought, why not?! It was very fast and I was at my desk working by 10:30. I heated some Progresso chicken noodle soup for lunch, half a can, and had half a banana, sharing the other half with Kev.

Leftovers and a Sweet Tater
The afternoon was productive. I had a couple calls and learned a LOT of work coming, all at once as I suspected it would. I had to wear loose clothing and had to not let skin touch skin all day as my tan set for at least 7-8 hours. She recommended I shower around 6-7PM, so I landed on 6:30. When clean and in my PJs I heated the leftover half chicken breast and some squash/zucchini mix and then added on a wee baked sweet potato. I tossed a few into the oven at 5:30 so it was nice and fresh with a little pat of butter melted on. I ended up having a slice of that crazy good jalapeno cheddar sourdough for "dessert" and watched an episode of Best Medicine. I then turned on The Forsytes, a PBS Masterpiece series that I'm fresh into. I skipped the watermelon tonight. Instead, I had a single Dove dark chocolate. The rest of the evening was spent doing some work on the couch. Bed was by 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment