Monday, August 10, 2026

Test Day 1

Brekkie and Lunch
Evacuations woke me just after 11PM last night. Another around 5:15AM this morning. Another When I got up at 7:45. I did estrogen, got dressed, made the bed and knew that I would be avoiding any mammal products as a test, starting with no coffee, because...heavy cream. I didn't feel like tea so am going cold turkey. I felt sluggish immediately and grabbed a banana and blueberry fig bar for breakfast, which I ate while doing puzzles in the reading room. I had two more evacuations in the morning and that should have removed all of yesterday. I went up for island time and then got to work. I was ready for some lunch just after 11. Nothing but a turkey sandwich on that jalapeno sourdough would do. I took two slices out of the loaf, spread on a bar bit of mayo and laid on four thin slices of turkey, skipping the cheese today. With it I had some of my ho-made quick pickles (rice vinegar, water, onion powder, Green Goddess seasoning, and Splenda) with the pickling cucumbers from the garden. I ate out back listening to my book and omg that bread. It didn't even need toasting.

Chicken/Quinoa Bowl Dinner
I had a quick call at noon and turned on a Hallmark movie, Absolutely Devoted to You. It was about a boy band reuniting and was cute. I had a call at 4, learning about some projects coming down the pipe for next week. Things are about to pick up. I shut things down around 5:30 and went down to the kitchen to get dinner started. I got quinoa on the stove, as well as a zucchini/yellow squash/onion mix, sauteed in a bit of olive oil. I filleted a chicken breast and seasoned it with salt, onion powder, fresh lemon juice, and Green Goddess seasoning, the true wonder of the spice rack now. It's so versatile and tastes great on everything. While Kev was grilling it up, I whipped up a little bit of lemon vinaigrette with avocado oil, rice vinegar, fresh lemon juice, pink packet, onion powder, Green Goddess, salt, and pepper. I grabbed a bowl and added in quinoa, the squash mix, sliced one of the fillets and then added on half an avocado and a few of my quick pickles for crunch. It was so yummy and filling. We watched SILO and had watermelon for dessert. Now we wait to see what happens. Bed was by 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment