Sunday, July 26, 2026

A Good Day for Turtles

Sunday Morning
I was asleep before 9:30 last night and slept until 3:30 when I got up to pee. I went right back to sleep until 7:30 and was ready to start the day. I dressed and made the bed and went out back for coffee with Kev and the kitties. I did puzzles and, when done, I put on socks and shoes and headed out to the gardens. On the way out, on the fresh new gravel, I spotted two turtles walking across it, one following the other. I stopped the car, grabbed my phone and got to to snap a pic when all of a sudden, we had sexy turtle time happening, like, in an instant. That second turtle hopped on and I didn't know turtles could move fast. Shoooooot. Yes they can! 😂 I snapped, and then gave them some privacy, continuing on to my place where I got in a four mile walk while listening to a new book: The Things We Never Say. I was back at the house by 10:15 and went out front to do some weeding around the baby Japanese Maple. Kev did a good weed-eat first and then I went in and dug up the grass that had grown in. Boy those roots do mess around. I went in just after 11 to make a turkey sandwich, which I enjoyed with pickled beets. We made a run to ACE for some mulch and I continued weeding/de-grassing when we returned. When done I raced in from the sun and knew I was done for the day. We shared some perfectly thirst-quenching watermelon. 

Afternoon Snack and Pizza Night
After a good shower, around 2PM, I watered plants, had some island time and then and settled on the couch. Kev said that pizza sounded good and so, just before 6PM, we got up and made one. Fathead dough, sauce, ground beef, pepperoni, mushroom, black olive and bell pepper. We watched The Dink on Apple TV for the movie portion of the evening and shared dark chocolate for dessert. Bed was around 10PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment