 |
| Rib Sticking Breakfast |
I turned on a story at 11 something and it didn't take long to fall asleep. I woke at 7:15, snuggled with fur baby Ted and was up at 7:30. Kev got the boys fed and made coffee while I got dressed and made the bed. We sipped out front and I did puzzles. We went in and I cooked up eggs, cheese grits and toast. When done with the yummy breakfast we got changed and headed outside. Kev went to his day of rock work and I grabbed the weed-eater and got after the crazy right side of the house. I swear if we didn't stay on top of the maintenance, Tennessee wilderness would eat the house right up. It began to rain but I kept on until it was done. I have to say, to get the best arm workout, use a weed-eater for a period of time. My arms always go to jelly and it's honestly a little hard to do things afterward. Could be that it's not ergonomically correct for me, because I do have to hold it weirdly, which in turn uses all the muscles to the max.
 |
| Walk Sights and Sausage Dinner |
I sipped water on the front porch and chatted with Ma as the rain came down. Kev continued rocking on out there and I was enthralled with the feasting at the bird building. All the birds were there with chipmunks below. I eventually went in and got to some Saturday cleaning. I vacuumed and then cleaned the bathrooms before plopping on the couch with my wittle wobbly arms for a moment. After a few minutes I got back up, put on shoes and headed down the mountain to pick up my med and then some groceries. When I got home, I rolled into a mostly completed, fresh gravel lane. I put groceries away and Kev cut up the watermelon, getting it into the fridge to cool. We made a ride to the mountain nursery where Kev ordered two more trucks full of gravel, went to dump the compost at it's drop off spot and then stopped in at the gardens where I walked 2.3 miles. We got back to the house and I took a shower, got in my jammies and then started dinner. I peeled and cubed sweet potatoes and cooked up a cabbage. We saw Ted stroll into the kitchen with something in his mouth. We saw a tail and Kev made him drop it. it was a
blue-tailed skink (lizard) that had somehow gotten inside. I think this little guy hung out on the back deck and Ted would see him and try to get him. No clue if Ted brought him in or he just got in but Kev saved him, we think, and put him back outside. He then went on to grill some sausage links and some fresh shishito peppers that a friend of Kev's gave us. It was a fine meal. Watermelon for dessert. We watched two episodes of
The Bear and then went out to the lower back deck. Kev in the hammock, me in the pod swing. I started listening to a new book called
The Things We Never Say by Elizabeth Strout. I've been waiting for this one for a while now so look forward to it as I finish the Appalachian Trail challenge this week. I was ready to jump into bed by 9:15 I was so tired tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment