Thursday, October 13, 2016

A lesson learned and sherbert

Dance day
After some good sleep I got up at 6 and headed to the bathroom as usual. Kev had yogurt in the fridge so I got back into bed and slept until almost 8. It's getting harder and harder to get going in the mornings. Maybe it's the weather changing. I cooked bacon and had a little cottage cheese with my four slices and then soon changed and went to dance.

When I got home I showered and then couldn't seem to get motivated or focused to work. I started a bit and then got hungry, perfect timing for a lunch break.

Never again
I heated last night's beef and cabbage casserole stuff and because there wasn't a lot, I was still hungry. I cooked up the other half cabbage that I didn't use last night and proceed to eat...the entire thing while watching last night's Younger. That was two bowls of cabbage. Once it was over I did get up to the office to work. And around 3 was when the lesson was learned. I started having serious stomach pains. And then the cabbage farts began and I was bloated. My innerds are not used to that much plant and fiber matter. I just couldn't get enough though. It was so dang good. Tonight will be interesting. Poor Kev.

Perfect burger
I stopped work at 6 and Kev got home soon after. I made up a few burger patties and he grilled them up perfectly. We melted on Pepper Jack and watched some Scandal.

Holy cow, Sherbert!
And then...I remembered a recipe that I saved on Pinterest and we decided to try it out. It is for a low carb blender sherbert. I went traditional orange sherbert and used a box of sugar free orange Jello. I followed the recipe and found it didn't need any extra sweetener. All I can say is that holy smokes it's amazing! It reminds both me and Kev of one of those push ups I enjoyed as a kid. Kev also said a Dreamsicle. The fun is that I can use any flavor Jello to mix it up. This was a big winner.


No comments:

Post a Comment