Thursday, September 24, 2026

More Eating and Visiting

A Breakfast Visit
It didn't take long to get into a nice sleep last night, and I needed it. I did wake a couple times but overall slept well. I got up at 7AM and did puzzles before getting up and dressed. We were out the door before 8, making it to our breakfast spot called Eat! Food and Drink, where we were meeting friends for a nice catch up. I got a regular breakfast with scrambled eggs, which I finished, bacon, which I had one slice of, sourdough toast, which I almost finished, and hashbrowns, which I did not finish. We went back to the hotel and I did a little work before it was time to leave for my hair trim with my ol favorite hair dresser. Oh it was wonderful to see her and catch up on her life. She had just had a baby and got married when I was leaving so there was a lot to learn. 

Ol Fave
I left the salon at 12:15PM and went to my friend E's house where I'd spend the afternoon. She ordered small Italian sandwiches from Snarf's, a favorite Boulder shop, which we ate around 1PM out by her pool. Another friend was there for a little while and when she left I got a bit of work done before it was time to go pick up E's kids from middle school. When we got them back to the house E took me for a spin in her husband's new truck. It's a Ford Lightning, the all electric one. I didn't have any expectations since I don't know anything about trucks but y'all. OMG. It is SO fast. She stepped on it at one point and the force was so crazy it pulled me into the seat and threw her purse way to the back of the cab. It is nutty fast. 

Soup and Sammich
When we finished show-n-tell time we left to go over to our friend A's house, my old across the street neighbor that we danced with.We hung there until it was time to pick up a couple pizzas for the Kev, then pick up Kev, then take him over to his buddy's house where the three guys would have gaming night. Me and E went in to see their new home and then invited Kev's friend's wife to go with us for dinner. Us three girls went to the Relish, the food court place I went to lunch at yesterday, and we all got something different, the beauty of that model. I opted for the soup and sandwich shop, getting a cup of tomato soup and a grilled cheese. I gave half my grilled cheese to E and we had a great time just chatting and people watching. When done eating, we dropped S off then went back to A's house for some visiting until around 8:45. I dropped E off at her house and cruised back to the hotel. I was ready for PJs, tooth brushing and bed by 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment