Wednesday, September 23, 2026

A Dance and Eating Day

Breakfast and Lunch
I got up just before 7AM, dressed, and we went downstairs for a little coffee and some breakfast. I chose oatmeal for some stick to my ribs eats before changing and heading over to the the gym where dance would be. This was a new gym. The King Soopers that was directly across from my old neighborhood closed and the gym was put in, and it's NICE, and only $25/mo. My girls were there for lots of hugs, and a few tears, and my favorite instructor Carrie had a guest pass waiting. She played all the old songs, which, for the most part, I remembered, but OMG my body is not in cardio shape after over four years of no dance. I left completely spent and really could have gone right to bed. Instead, I showered, dressed and went downstairs where a friend and work colleague picked me up for lunch. We went to a neat place called Relish that was indoor pickleball courts and a high end food court. We opted for teriyaki bowls that were delicious. 

Snack and Dinner
When I was dropped back off at the hotel I went up to the room, did a little bit of work and then left again to visit with my esthetician, grabbing a hot chocolate chip cookie at the reception desk on the way out. She's now retired and a painter so we looked at art that she was working on, and I left with a small piece. We shared some fruit, and chatted for over an hour. I cruised back to the hotel, picked up the Kev and off we went to M and J's to see their new home and go to dinner. They moved into their new home a couple months ago and it is fabulous, with a fantastic view of the mountains. We sat outside and when J got home from work we went to a nice tavern where I had an awesome burger with sweet potato fries. After dinner we went back to their place, sat outside a while longer, I munched some granola as I needed something sweet, and we headed back to the hotel around 8. I was over the moon to get into my PJs, wash my face, brush my teeth and get into bed. Bed was by 9:30. This was the first day that I've been truly hungry for every meal. 

Pure BS Right Here
Let me end today by ranting about the most ridiculous sink layout in the history of construction. The Hampton Inn has a lovely hotel but tried to go sleek or modern with an angled faucet, and failed. The problem is that it's not long enough and the water dibbles into the very back corner of the sink. You can't fit your hands under the water stream, and you pretty much have to wad up a cloth and shove it in that corner to get it wet. It's seriously THE WORST user experience ever. There's an entire sink to be utilized but you can't. And then rinsing toothpaste etc from the other side of the sink is just  a practice in patience. This whole thing has me worked up and angry. 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment