Monday, August 31, 2026

Slow Sunday

Sunday Morning
Sleep was good once I fell asleep. Must have been around 11. I woke just after 5, when Kev's alarm went off, getting up by 15 after. I dressed and put sheets in the wash and we headed out, me taking Kev to the airport for his visit home for the week. I was back home at 6:40, put sheets in the dryer and made a small cuppa. I did puzzles in the reading room chair and then boiled up two eggs, eating them on a toasted and buttered sourdough English muffin. When dishes were cleaned up I put on my shoes and went for a three-mile walk at the Farm and Gardens. It was a perfectly cloudy morning and the temp was pleasant. It wasn't too crowded like it was yesterday, everyone at church I guess. I made it home and decided to get some some squash and green beans on the stove for later. As they cooked I turned on a new Netflix show called My Brilliant Career, and I'm in love with the main character. This reminds me of something like an older Anne of Green Gables. Around 1PM I made two quick ham roll-ups with cream cheese and canned asparagus. 

Detergent Samples and Dinner
I was in episode three when I opened a carton of some Aldi protein chewy snack bars and had one, chocolate peanut butter. I continued on with the show. I had a delivery of some septic safe, good smelling detergents I found while doing a search online. I'm trying a sample pack of Mozi Wash's nine scents. It will be fun to find a favorite or two. At 6:30 I cooked up some ground beef and heated the remainder of the mashed potatoes, and some of the green beans I made earlier today. it was a nice mash up bowl once I mixed it all together. I had cold canned mandarins for dessert and finished the series. I then started a movie called Redeeming Love. I think I may have seen this a few years ago but can't remember. I turned it off at 10:30 and will finish up tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment