Saturday, August 29, 2026

Last Weekend in August

Saturday Sights
I slept ok until 2ish this morning when the Kev got up to go check on the chickens in the smoker. Lights had to be turned on so I got up and trekked through the house to go pee, got back into bed and then couldn't sleep. I got on my phone around 3:30 and Kev got back into bed in the 4Am hour. I dozed off eventually and then his alarm went off at 6. It then went off another 3 or 4 times when he got up to deal with all the pork shoulders. They had been in the smoker since noon yesterday. Today was his end of days party, and he's known for the BBQ now, after doing it for the last few years. I got up just after 8 and had just dressed when a couple folks arrived to ride to the last volunteer trail day with Kev. I did not know they were coming this morning so it took me off guard as I was just waking. I did the pleasantries and they left. I took a wee bit of coffee out front and had a couple sips when it was evacuation time. I then ate cereal with banana and headed over to walk the garden trails. I got 1.6 miles in and dang it got packed with folks and dogs, meaning I cut it short. It's hard to pass that many, especially when families of 6 are stretched across entire trail. 

Saturday Afternoon/Eve
I cruised down the mountain to Walmart for a few things, getting back home and doing some weeding in the way front. Kev and three friends got in from trail day around 12:30, all took showers. We all chatted while Kev pulled the four pork shoulders and took the mushrooms and tofu off the smoker, then they were on the road to their party. It was 2PM when I got hungry. I made a turkey foldover with a slice of bread, a little mayo and yellow mustard, and one slice of turkey. I sat out back and finished my puzzles, also had some dried mango before settling on the couch around 3PM for a nap. When I got up a nice rain popped over and I sat out on the front porch to enjoy it. Kev got home and joined me and around 7PM I heated the leftover burger patty and made my first ever instant mashed potatoes to go with it. They are so good! 😂 I took a shower and got in my PJs around 8:30 and we watched SILO before bed. I can't believe summer is entering it's last hoorah, as the coming week proves with the highest temps on the mountain yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment