Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Mowing in the Dark

Lunch Catch Up
I slept well, I think. With our toilet out of commission I think I don't get up to pee when I should, because I know I have to trek across the house. 😂 Not that it's far, but that walk wakes me up more and takes me longer to get back to sleep. The new toilet arrives on Friday so some time next week it will be installed. I did get up at 4:45 to make the walk but was able to doze back off, getting up for the day around 7:30. I dressed, scooped, made the bed and fed the kitties. I then went out to water since we haven't had rain in a week. When done, I decided to go down the mountain for a few groceries, stopping to fill up Scootie on the way back home. I also stopped in at ACE for bird seed and at the chiro to pick up my new pillow that they measured me for. I put groceries away and soon left again to meet a friend for lunch at the local Mexican restaurant. It's been a year since we've caught up so we were there for a couple hours. I had the lunch special with a crunchy taco and a chicken enchilada, getting home, ready to work, at 1:30.

Wednesday Evening
I got to it, skipping island time today. I a few things to juggle and had a client call, the weekly one, at 5PM. Meanwhile, the Kev cooked up green beans downstairs and when I got off the call, a few minutes after 6PM, he heated leftover last night burgers, melted cheese on and I ate a quick dinner. I then changed, put on insect repellent and went out to start the mowing. It was around 6:45 so I knew I wouldn't finish but did get the back done, as well as the side yard. the grass is very thick so I got in 6.5 miles because I had to do two passes for a good bit of it. The mower was wheeled into the garage, with headlight on, at 8:45 and I went in for a shower. I got Gilbert tended to and looked forward to PJs and winding down. Bed was by 10:30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment