Wednesday, October 05, 2016

The morning

Post drama, post hike
Thoughts go to Kev's Grandmother today as she had emergency surgery in Alabama.

And ooooh wee. Here's what happened this morning. It started with me waking at 3:30 to pee, nothing new. As I sat back on the bed I heard a noise that sounded just like the front screen door closing. Of course this puts me on alert and I raise the blinds to peek out for a while and watch. Nothing. I crawl back in bed and guess I fell asleep around 4. Around 4:30 the whole house alarm tears into its crazy ass loud scream. Now...it's set to "Away," which means it will go off if a door or window is opened OR if someone is walking through the living room. I pop out of the bed, exorcist like, eyes wide and crazy and got a couple guttural screams out before yelling "Get out of my house!" Get out of my house!" After a couple minutes I was lucid enough to use the remote and turn the alarm off and call Kev. We called the alarm company and sorted things out but turns out there was a low battery in the motion sensor in the living room that could cause a faulty alarm. Holy crap. Needless to say I was up for the day.

Oh lovely meaty
I changed out of the pee-in-my-pants pajamas (no I didn't pee myself because I had just peed an hour before, but you know I totally would have) and hit the road to Chautauqua for the 4 mile loop with Sherri. This was her first hike in the park and it's a good un! Lots of incline to get the heart rate up and a sweat happening. I got home and immediately cooked up four slices of bacon and a three egg omelet with cheddar. Ate it all and then showered, ready for work. A few things came in this morning that will keep me busy the rest of the week.

The alarm man arrived at about 3:45. He fixed everything up and I'm set for some sleep tonight. I worked until just after 6 and then lit the grill, changed the propane tank, lit the grill again and cooked up the very anticipated balsamic mustard steak I marinated yesterday. Oh it was so good. I polished off the roughly 1.3 pounds while watching Cedar Cove. I had a little orange sugar free Jello, my fav and finished the night.




No comments:

Post a Comment