 |
| Climbing and then a Halt |
Sleep was ok last night. I think I woke fairly often, or was in dreams most of the night, making me think I woke. I got up at 7 and sipped a wee bit of coffee before it was time to have some food, a great breakfast of eggs, bacon and an English muffin that Kev made. I then got dressed and we left to go meet some friends for their climbing. It was 39 degrees at the trailhead and the trail was straight up. I probably shouldn't have done it but I wanted to hang out and visit. The day was gorgeous. It was neat to watch Kev climb and to chat and catch up with the gang. On the last climb of the day, around 2PM, a freaking boulder came loose and fell on Kev's right foot. Our friends helped get him, and the gear, back down the steep trail to the car. We hugged our goodbyes and I hauled him to the Vail hospital where they did an X-ray and delivered the news that it was broken. He left in a walking boot and will need to see an orthopedic surgeon when we get back to Tennessee. We got back to the condo and had our showers. I heated the remainder of last night's chili for dinner. I was pooped from that crazy hike straight up and down, and the stress of Kev's foot, so wasn't into going to the store or cooking anything. I did word search until I was ready for bed, which was early.
No comments:
Post a Comment