 |
| Early Tastes, Smiley Truck, Home Dinner |
I didn't sleep much last night. I woke at 2:30AM to pee and couldn't get back to sleep fully. It was 4:30 when I checked the time on my phone, and Kev was awake. We decided to get on the road, which we were, by 5AM. There was no one in the hotel office so Kev checked out online. We stopped at a QT for coffee, and Kev picked up a few donuts. I had three bites of a cinnamon bun, one bite of a sour cream cake donut, and one bite of a blueberry cake donut, and I was done. Those bites gave me a bit of weird stomach for a while. I laid my seat back and took a snooze, very thankful that Kev could drive on cruise control while it was dark and traffic was sparse. I desperately needed that nap and was ready to make the switch around 8AM for the remainder of the drive. We stopped at Love's when we needed to fill up, gas was consistently around $4.19/gal. There was constant construction and constant tailgaters, which was so annoying. We made it home around 5:30, after popping into Aldi for dinner fixins. Kev cranked up The Chug for burgers, I got Brussels cookin', and we enjoyed a home-cooked meal after quite some time without. I unpacked and took a shower after dinner , cuddling up with Ted on the couch when done. Bed was by 9:30.
What a fun whirlwind our trip has been. Wrapping up nine days on the road, traveling through ten states along the route.
No comments:
Post a Comment