Saturday, August 08, 2026

Perfect Timing

Jammy Eggs on Toast
I had a first evacuation at 5:45 this morning and then got back to sleep. A second evacuation happened just after 7AM and I then got dressed. We made the bed and Kev made coffee. I made him a turkey sandwich to put into his little cooler and we sipped out front for a bit. I had a third evacuation after a few sips, not even finishing half of what I poured. Kev left for his day of trail work and climbing in Alabama and I went back into the bathroom for a fourth evacuation. I could have just walked into a colonoscopy at this point. What the hail. After this fourth one though there was no more for the day. I went out to clip fresh flowers, got them in the vase, and then boiled two eggs and put them on a slice of toast for breakfast, to get something in my stomach.  Saturday cleaning commenced, the bathrooms being first on the list of course, with all the havoc wreaked lately. I then vacuumed and changed to go mow.  

Yes, Another Turkey Sandwich
It took four hours to mow today, with all the rain it took two passes per row, bringing my outdoor walk to 9 miles, and a total step count for the day of almost 24,000. I also finished my cute book and moved on to the next one in the series, by some fluke there was no wait on Libby! Lucky day. And let tell you about some amazing timing. After that four-hour mow, in mostly hot sun, sweating my tail off, I blew off the grass clippings, cleaned out the bird feeder and rolled the mower into it's storage spot in the garage. I closed the garage door and went to go shower and dang if a big storm cranked up, like out of nowhere. Maybe 5 minutes after finishing the yard work. That was crazy! For dinner I baked some tots and made a turkey sandwich, which is kinda all I'm wanting to eat these days. I finished Love on the Spectrum-Australia and started the first episode on a Fox series called Best Medicine. Kev rolled in around 8:45 and bed was by 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment