 |
| Rainy Leftover Lunch |
After nice sleep I got up at 5 to pee and back into bed, asleep until 7:20 or so. I lounged until 8 and then got the day going. It was raining and coffee sounded so cozy. I got dressed and made the bed while Kev made the coffee and fed the boys. We started to sip in the reading room but I went out front and the rockers weren't wet so out we went, watching the bounty of birds at "the building." After puzzles were done, around 9, we went in and Kev got to work. I did morning chores and had island time, determined to enjoy the last of the free time I've been having, with new projects coming in next week. At 10AM, I heated leftover chicken casserole and took it out onto the covered back deck with fur babies. We all lounged on the couch, listening to the rain. The bug man came round the corner, to spray under the deck, and the kitties made a b-line to the back door, crying to be let in for hiding. Poor dudes!
 |
| Turkey and Tots |
I sent an estimate to a client and then put on socks and shoes, set up my computer and started walking the three miles on the Trek pad. I finally finished the last couple of episodes of
The Big C, bawling at the finalness of it all. The writing really touched me...how a person at end of life saw things. The kindnesses of humanity, the heart-wrenchingness. I moved on to finishing the last couple episodes of
Little House on the Prairie. I teared up in that one for the Indians losing their land and the family leaving the town. next up I ran across a movie I had forgotten about, but wanted to see. It's called HERE, with Tom Hanks and it would only be on Netflix until July 29th. I teared up at this one as well so boy it was a day of emotion. I baked some tots and had them with a turkey sandwich for dinner. We then split an ice cream sandwich. It was 9PM when I got into my jammies and brushed teeth to cruise into night. Mom sent a great dress choice for the Western glam formal in August so I put that dress on my clone to try on and then contacted the shop to assist with ship date and sizing. This will be the fourth dress I have to try. The more the merrier. 👍
No comments:
Post a Comment